Register and Schedule An Appointment for Computer Based Exams (CBT)
Computer Based Testing
Register with SOA
Register for the exam with the Society of Actuaries by the published deadline. (Registration closes at midnight U.S. Central Time.) Online registration is the preferred registration method. It is critical that the name you use for registration matches your first and last name on your valid government issued photo ID. Do not change the spelling. Discrepancies in names may prevent you from testing.
Step 2 – Schedule your appointment at the Prometric website:
After your registration has been processed with the SOA, you will receive an acknowledgement/receipt by email that includes your unique candidate/eligibility number for this administration. The candidate/eligibility number included in the acknowledgement/receipt will be activated within 1-hour of receiving the email. At that time, you should immediately go to the Prometric website to schedule your exam appointment
NOTE: Make your appointment ASAP! Candidates who do not make their appointment at a CBT Prometric exam center soon after their candidate number is available at Prometric may find their local CBT center is filled on the days when the exam is offered. If your candidate number is not at Prometric after 1-hour, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to inquire. The latest a candidate can schedule a CBT appointment is 48-hours prior to the start time of the exam on the final day of the testing window. No appointments or changes will be made after that time.
Lastly, if you do not receive a confirmation email from Prometric within 24-hours of scheduling your exam appointment, please contact Prometric to make sure the exam appointment was recorded properly.
CBT Language Options – Please select carefully.
- English is the only language option outside of Canada.
- Candidates taking their exam in Canada will have the bilingual options of English or French language.
If English is selected the entire testing experience is in the English language.
*If French is selected, the candidate sees a split screen (English on the left‐hand side/French on the right‐hand side). The Tutorial and the Final Score Report are entirely in French. The examination portion is completely in English with the navigation ability to select a French translation of the exam question by clicking on a button titled French.
The PA Exam, when you access the problem statement, the statement will be in English. There will be a button on the screen to view the same statement in French.
These bilingual versions are only offered in Canada.
Schedule Online with Prometric (Preferred Choice)
- After 1-hour of receiving your acknowledgement/receipt email, you may schedule your test appointment by going to: Prometric.com/SOA
Step by Step Guide to Appointment Scheduling at Prometric.com/SOA
- Go to www.prometric.com/soa
- Locate “ACTIONS”, Click on, “Schedule”.
- Choose the location where you want to take your exam
- Read through Information Review, click on Next.
- Eligibility Information, you will need your candidate/eligibility number that is located on the receipt area of your email, click on Next.
- Test Center Selection, put into the Search box name of the city you want to take the exam in, click on search, select from the list of available Prometric Test Centers, click on Schedule Appointment.
- Date and Time Selection, click on Next.
- Select the appointment date and available time, click on Next.
- Additional Information
- Fill in your Email address, then Validate your email address, click on Next.
- Appointment Verification
- Verify your appointment information, your name’s spelling, date, time, and exam name.
- Finish by clicking on Complete Appointment.
- After scheduling is completed successfully, please print the confirmation page from Prometric for your reference.
The specific exam name is listed below:
For Exam P
- Probability English: U.S., Canada, Intl
- Probability French: Canada*
For Exam FM
- Financial Mathematics English: U.S., Canada, Intl
- Financial Mathematics French: Canada*
For Exam IFM
- Investment and Financial Markets English: U.S., Canada, Intl
- Investment and Financial Markets French: Canada*
For Exam SRM
- Statistics for Risk Modeling English: U.S., Canada, Intl
- Statistics for Risk Modeling French: Canada*
For Exam STAM
- Short-Term Actuarial Mathematics English: U.S., Canada, Intl
- Short-Term Actuarial Mathematics French: Canada*
For Exam GIINT
- Introduction to General Insurance Exam English: U.S., Canada, Intl
- Introduction to General Insurance Exam French: Canada*
For Exam PA
- Predictive Analytics English: U.S., Canada, Intl
- Predictive Analytics French: Canada*
Schedule by Telephone
After waiting 1-hour from receipt of your acknowledgement/receipt email, you may schedule your test appointments by calling Prometric's Candidate Services Contact Center. You must reference the "SOA/CIA" exam.
C.B.T. Exam Candidates Needing Testing Accommodations
Only candidates who have already received approval for testing accommodations from the SOA Office may schedule an appointment with Prometric that includes testing accommodations. Please contact Testing Accommodations or visit the Testing Accommodations home page for further information.