Register and Schedule An Appointment for Computer Based Exams (CBT)
Computer Based Testing is a 2-Step
Step 1 – Register with
Register for the exam with the Society of Actuaries by the published deadline. (Registration closes at midnight U.S. Central Time.) You may
register online or submit a paper copy. It is critical that the name you use for registration matches your first and last name on your valid government issued photo ID. Do not change the spelling. Discrepancies in names may prevent you from testing.
Step 2 – Schedule your appointment with Prometric
After your registration has been processed with the SOA, you will receive an automatic acknowledgement letter by email that includes your unique candidate/eligibility number for this administration. The candidate/eligibility number is NOT activated immediately.
Once the number has been activated, the SOA will email you a letter of confirmation. At that time, you should schedule your exam center appointment with Prometric IMMEDIATELY.
NOTE: Make an appointment early! Candidates who do not make an appointment at a CBT Prometric center upon receiving their confirmation letter may find their local CBT center is filled on the days when the exam is offered. The latest a candidate can schedule a CBT appointment is 48 hours prior to the start time of
the exam on the final day of the testing window. No appointments will be made after that time. No corrections can be made once the 48 hour window has passed.
If you do not receive your letter of confirmation within 10 days of receiving your receipt/acknowledgement letter, please check your “bulk mail” or “junk mail” email folder before contacting the SOA Customer Service Center at +1-888-697-3900 or
- Schedule Online with Prometric
- After receiving your confirmation, you may schedule your test appointments by going to:
- The specific exam name is listed below:
For Exam P
- The name is “Probability Test (English) – PENL” for U.S. and all non–Canadian sites.
- In Canada, the exam name is “Probability Test (French/English for Canada) – PFRL.”
For Exam FM
- The name is “Financial Mathematics Test (English) – FMEL” for U.S. and all non–Canadian sites.
- In Canada, the exam name is “Financial Mathematics Test (French/English for Canada) – FMFL.”
For Exam MFE
- The name is “Models for Financial Economics (English) – MFEEN” for U.S. and all non–Canadian sites.
- In Canada, the exam name is “Models for Financial Economics (French) – MFEFR.”
For Exam C
- The name is “Construction & Evaluation of Actuarial Models (English) – CEN” for U.S. and all non–Canadian sites.
- In Canada, the exam name is “Construction & Evaluation of Actuarial Models (French/English for Canada) – CFR.”
For Exam GIINT
- The name is “Introduction to General Insurance Exam (English) – GIEN” for U.S. and all non–Canadian sites.
- In Canada, the exam name is “Introduction to General Insurance Exam (French/English for Canada) – GIFR.”
In Canada, when you view the exam question on the monitor, it will appear in English. There will be a button on the screen to view the same question in French. This bilingual version is only offered in Canada.
Schedule by Telephone
After receiving your confirmation, you may schedule your test appointments by calling Prometric's Candidate Services Contact Center. You must reference the "SOA/CIA" exam. Consult the
list of telephone numbers for the Candidate Services Contact Centers. More information can also be found by going to
FOR CANDIDATES NEEDING TESTING ACCOMMODATIONS
Only candidates who have already received approval for testing accommodations from the SOA Office may schedule an appointment with Prometric that includes testing accommodations. Please contact
firstname.lastname@example.org or visit the testing accommodations page for further information.
Candidates who register for the limited paper and pencil exam centers outside the United States will receive an automatic acknowledgement letter by email. This letter serves as your ticket of admission. Please check the information carefully. The letter will include your unique candidate number as well as the exam center name and number. Please check the
exam testing schedule for available dates.