Chartered Enterprise Risk Analyst (CERA)
To attain the CERA credential, a candidate must successfully complete the requirements shown below. Requirements include examinations, an e-Learning module, validation of educational experiences outside the SOA Education system (VEE), and a professionalism seminar. In addition, candidates who have the Application for Admission as an Associate approved by the SOA Board of Directors and pass the Predictive Analytics Exam will be granted membership as an ASA.
Candidates have flexibility with regard to the order requirements are completed. Click on any exam/requirement below to go to its home page and learn about any specific eligibility requirements.
- Already an FSA or ASA and considering a CERA credential?
- Members who have already attained an FSA and are seeking the CERA credential must successfully complete the Enterprise Risk Management examination and the Enterprise Risk Management Module.
- ASAs should contact the Registrar at the SOA office to find out their current credit status and remaining credits needed for the CERA credential.
- Earn a CERA while on the pathway to FSA
- Transition Rules from previous ASA requirements
To see the requirements for the ASA designation or the FSA designation, click on the appropriate tab below.
CERA Requirements (Effective July 2018)
* Validation by Educational Experience - Candidate must show that subject has been sufficiently covered by university or other coursework