Predictive Analytics (PA) Exam
The Predictive Analytics (PA) Exam is administered as a three-hour and 30-minute exam requiring analysis of a data set in the context of a business problem and submission of responses to questions.
The syllabus for the PA Exam provides candidates with the ability to employ selected analytic techniques to solve business problems. A thorough knowledge of probability (as covered in Exam P), mathematical statistics (as covered in VEE Mathematical Statistics), selected models and methods for analyzing data (as covered in Exam SRM) is assumed.
The Predictive Analytics Exam has two components.
- The PA e-Learning modules provide support designed to enhance candidates’ knowledge from the SRM Exam learning objectives and readings.
- Candidates receive access to the PA modules by registering for the PA Exam. Candidates will have access to the modules until the end of the month in which the exam is administered.
- The PA Exam presents candidates with a data set and a realistic business problem. Candidates respond to specific questions related to the data and problem.
- At the Prometric centers candidates will work in a Windows-like environment that is not dependent on an internet connection. They will have access to Word, Excel, and a PDF reader. R and RStudio will not be available at the exam. Their deliverable will be a Word document with their responses to the questions.
- Candidates will have three hours and 30 minutes to complete the exam.
- Grading of the exam will follow the protocols used for SOA fellowship exams.