Candidates for 2020 SOA Board of Directors Election Announced
The SOA Board of Directors approved the 2020 election ballot of endorsed candidates presented by the SOA Nominating Committee at its June meeting. Voting will open August 17 and close September 4. Over the next few weeks, you will have many opportunities to learn about the candidates' backgrounds and how they would approach their service on the Board.
The names of the SOA 2020 Board of Directors’ endorsed candidates follow in alphabetical order.
Endorsed Candidates for President-Elect (one to be elected) are:
Jennifer L. Gillespie, FSA 2000, MAAA
David K. Sandberg, FSA 2001, MAAA, CERA, FCA
Endorsed Candidates for Elected Board Member (five to be elected) are:
Arpita Das, FSA 2013
Josee Deroy, FSA 1998, MAAA
Cynthia Thomas Edwalds, FSA 1991, ACAS, MAAA
Patricia J. Fay, FSA 1994, MAAA
Amanda Hug, FSA 2013, MAAA
Ronald L. Klein, FSA 1987, MAAA
Terry M. Long, FSA 1981, MAAA
Nazir Valani, FSA 2001, FCIA, MAAA
Hans J. Wagner, FSA 1992
Ying Zhao, FSA 2006, MAAA
- From June 29 to July 28, nominees who have already completed an Expression of Interest form for SOA Board positions and who are not endorsed by the Nominating Committee may seek to be placed on the SOA Board of Directors’ election ballot through the petition process.
- On June 29, eligible voting members will receive an email from Survey & Ballot Systems (SBS) with a link and passcode to a website where they can submit a petition in support of any petitioners.
- Eligible voting members may support the petition of no more than one President-Elect office and no more than three nominees for Elected Board Member.
- Eligible nominees will need to receive petition support from 539 eligible voting members to attain a place on the election ballot.
- Petitioning nominees who receive the required level of petition support will be added to the final election ballot as a candidate for election and designated as a candidate "by petition."
- Find more information on How to Petition for a Place on the SOA Ballot
If you have any questions about the ballot or the election process, please write to email@example.com
Elaine T. Corrough, FSA, MAAA, FCA, Chair
Paula M. Hodges, FSA, MAAA, Vice Chair
Kara L. Clark, FSA, MAAA
Karen DeToro, FSA, MAAA
C. Ian Genno, FSA, CERA, FCIA
Brian Pauley, FSA, MAAA
Scott K. Randles, FSA, MAAA
Michael B. Smith, FSA, MAAA, FCAS
Thomas Totten, FSA, PhD