Candidates for 2021 SOA Board of Directors Election Announced
The SOA Board of Directors approved the 2021 election ballot of endorsed candidates presented by the SOA Nominating Committee at its July meeting. Voting will open September 13 and close September 24. Over the next few weeks, you will have many opportunities to learn about the candidates' professional and personal backgrounds and how they plan to approach their service on the Board.
The names of the SOA 2021 Board of Directors’ endorsed candidates follow in alphabetical order.
Endorsed Candidates for President-Elect (one to be elected) are:
John Robinson, FSA 1994, MAAA, FCA
Timothy Rozar, FSA 2004, CERA
David Sandberg, FSA 2001, MAAA, CERA, FCA
Endorsed Candidates for Elected Board Member (five to be elected) are:
Sara Goldberg, FSA 2008, MAAA
David Ingram, FSA 1984, CERA, MAAA
Roger Loomis, FSA 2007, MAAA
Jonathan Meyers, FSA 2000, MAAA
Mary Beth Ramsay, FSA 1996, MAAA
David Ruiz, FSA 2000, FIA, MAAA
Carlos Sánchez-Fuentes, FSA 2006, FCA, MAAA
Alvin Phak Ming Soh, FSA 2012, CERA
Si Xie, FSA 2012, CERA, FCIA
Mercy Yan, FSA 1991, FCIA, MAAA
- From July 26 to August 24, nominees who have already completed an Expression of Interest form for SOA Board positions and who are not endorsed by the Nominating Committee may seek to be placed on the SOA Board of Directors’ election ballot through the petition process.
- On July 26, eligible voting members will receive an email from Survey & Ballot Systems (SBS) with a link and passcode to a website where they can submit a petition in support of any petitioners.
- Eligible voting members may support the petition of no more than one President-Elect office and no more than three nominees for Elected Board Member.
- Eligible nominees will need to receive petition support from 606 eligible voting members to attain a place on the election ballot.
- Petitioning nominees who receive the required level of petition support will be added to the final election ballot as a candidate for election and designated as a candidate "by petition."
- Find more information on How to Petition for a Place on the SOA Ballot
If you have any questions about the ballot or the election process, please write to email@example.com
Paula M. Hodges, FSA, MAAA, Chair
Scott K. Randles, FSA, MAAA, Vice Chair
Kara L. Clark, FSA, MAAA
Karen DeToro, FSA, MAAA
Susan E. Pantely, FSA, MAAA
Marianne C. Purushotham, FSA, MAAA
Michael B. Smith, FSA, FCAS, MAAA
Thomas Totten, FSA MAAA, PhD.
Yukki Yeung, FSA, MAAA