Expanding Horizons Issue 38, February 2008
Table of Contents
Welcome to the Winter 2008 issue of Expanding Horizons, news and information for actuarial educators.
- Analytics You Should Know but Don't
- Summary of the E&R Section sponsored a predictive modeling session held at the 2007 Annual Meeting in Washington, D.C.
- Halmstad Prize Awarded
- The Halmstad Prize was awarded at the 2007 SOA Annual Meeting.
- Preliminary Education Update
- Updates on Exams P/1, FM/2 and MLC.
- E&R Sessions at 2008 Health Spring Meeting
- A preview of sessions that will be held at the Health Spring Meeting.
- E&R Sessions at 2008 Life Spring Meeting
- A preview of sessions that will be held at the Life Spring Meeting.
- 2008 Actuarial Research Conference
- Information about the 43rd ARC
- 2009 Actuarial Research Conference
- Information about the 44th ARC
- Annual Joint Mathematics Meeting
- Information on the Current Issues in Actuarial Science Education session that was held at the Joint Mathematics Meeting
- The R Corner
- This month the R corner will be looking at Vincent Goulet's actuar R package.
- E&R Section Council Notes
Notes from the current Education and Research Section Council Meetings and Conference Calls.
- Conference Call–September 11, 2007
- Conference Call–October 7, 2007
- Conference Call–November 15, 2007
- $10,000 Ph.D. Grant Competition
- Position Announcements:
- University of Iowa