2018 Board Member Candidate
Martin Snow, FSA 1988, MAAA
Atidot Software Inc.| Atidot Software Ltd.
Vice-President & Chief Delivery Officer | Member Advisory Board
If elected, I will:
- Promote and strengthen the skills of the actuarial profession so that senior managements recognize the roles we can and should play. I believe that actuaries can play a much bigger role in many spaces, e.g., predictive analytics and risk management and should also be recognized for the roles we have played for decades. I will use my own experiences coupled with my strong leadership skills to make a difference for you and your profession.
- I believe strongly in cooperation among the different actuarial organization. We will all benefit by uniting our organizational views, avoiding competition with each other, and speaking with a single voice. Inter-organization communication will be more effective as soon as the SOA establishes that its primary mission is cooperation - not competition. As an actuary who has always brought people with different perspectives together and as one who has good relationships with several Academy Board members, I believe that I am uniquely qualified to make this a reality.
- Increase young professional engagement – I have had many enlightening conversations with recently qualified actuaries and you have good ideas that could improve our profession. I will work to help you be more engaged and continue to welcome your calls and emails.
- Assure that transparency is maintained in SOA governance.
Brief description of current work
As Vice-President & Chief Delivery Officer and Advisory Board Member at Atidot, I oversee the delivery of Atidot’s life insurance and annuity data science products to its clients, both before and after contracts are in place. I assure that client needs are appropriately addressed, and that the client understands what Atidot is delivering.
Primary Area of Practice
I am Vice-President & Chief Delivery Officer and Advisory Board Member at Atidot. In addition to my work responsibilities, I am now a contributing editor for The Actuary, a member of the Actuarial Innovation & Technology Steering Committee, and a member of the task forces to update ASOPs on reinsurance financial reporting and asset adequacy analysis.
My prior experience includes the following:
- Prudential: Lead Pricing and Reinsurance Solutions Actuary for Life Insurance. I led the development of the industry’s first ULSG priced under PBR concurrently with leading the conversion of the pricing models to a new platform.
- TIAA: Appointed Actuary. I played an important and influential role on Academy of Actuaries and ACLI groups as well as with regulators in the development of PBR.
- MetLife: Dividend Actuary. I developed MetLife’s dividend scales, prepared the Board communications, and assured the integrity of the dividend scales that customers received.
I have an MS in Financial Mathematics from NYU’s Courant Institute of Mathematical Sciences.
You may call me at 732-336-1130 or email me at Martin@Atidot.com with any questions or suggestions you may have.