The combination of quantitative skills, insurance and regulatory knowledge, and professional standards are unique to actuaries.
Introducing the latest certificate program offered by the Society of Actuaries. The SOA’s International Financial Reporting for Insurers certificate program will provide in-depth knowledge on international financial reporting standards applicable to insurance products including the potential organizational and financial impacts of adopting IFRS17 in addition to detailed coverage of the key practical steps to support IFRS reporting requirements.
The program will include:
- Six e-Learning modules and associated end of module tests
- A concluding virtual instructor led component
- An assessment leading to the earning of the certificate
For this pilot launch, the SOA is seeking FSAs and ASAs who have been members for 5 or more years with
- Experience in financial reporting
- An ability and willingness to complete the program that will begin in October and conclude in first quarter 2021
- Provide qualitative feedback that will be used to refine and update the program prior to its official launch in the second quarter of 2021
The pilot program fee is $2200USD. The International Financial Reporting for Insurers textbook is also recommended reading for course participants.
Interested in participating? Please complete the application by clicking here.