The 5/50 Research Project
- This project will focus on the 5 percent of the population that causes 50 percent of the health care costs. The emphasis will be on determining how to predict who will fall into the 5 percent cohort and how to prevent or minimize the cost and variation associated with those people. The work for this project will be performed by SOA staff under the guidance of a volunteer project oversight team.
- To get involved, contact Joan Barrett at email@example.com
Pharmacy Strategic Initiative
- The purpose of this initiative is to provide a description of the pharmacy development and pricing process from the time a new concept is developed until a person picks up a prescription at the pharmacy. The goal will be to provide transparency and understanding to the process. The final document will include a discussion of the recommendations from various organizations. This will be a volunteer-only effort.
- To get involved, contact Greg Warren at firstname.lastname@example.org
Managed Care 3.0 Strategic Initiative
- The purpose of this initiative will be to build out the concepts described in the conference report with an emphasis on understanding analytical and evaluation techniques. This will be a volunteer-only effort.
- To get involved, contact Sarah Osborne at Sarah.Osborne@GEHA.com