Procedures for C.B.T. Exam Day
The staff at each Prometric Testing Center follows designated procedures to ensure that the operation of the test center meets the SOA/CIA criteria for standardized testing. Because of the importance of actuarial exams, numerous security measures will be enforced during the test administrations. Strict identification requirements have been established. You will be observed at all times while taking the examination. This observation will include direct observation by test center staff as well as video and audio monitoring of the examination session.
Plan to arrive at the testing center at least 30 minutes before your scheduled appointment to allow time for check-in procedures. If you are late in arriving, you may not be allowed to test, thus forfeiting your appointment and examination fee. If you forfeit your appointment, you will be required to register and pay the examination fee again. Waiting areas at the Prometric Testing Centers are small. Friends or relatives who accompany you to the test center will not be permitted to wait in the test center or contact you while you are taking the examination.
The following activities will occur when you arrive at the Prometric Testing Center for your appointment:
- You must present a valid government-issued identification that includes your name, photograph and signature. Please review our identification policy very carefully.
- You will be asked to sign-in at the center. Your signature will be compared to the identification that you present. You will be asked to sign your name every time you enter or leave the testing area within the center.
- IDs presented will be scanned to ensure validity, and an image of the ID will be captured.
- You will be required to leave your personal belongings outside the testing room except your identification. No food or water is permitted in the test room. Cell phones, pagers, and all other electronic devices are prohibited. Secure storage will be provided. You must keep your identification with you at all times. If you leave the testing room for any reason, you will be required to show the test administrator your identification to be readmitted to the room. Storage space is small, so you should plan appropriately. Do not take large bags, textbooks, notebooks, or any other unnecessary items to the test center. Prometric Testing Centers assume no responsibility for your personal belongings.
- Only authorized electronic calculators listed below will be allowed into the test room. You may use the battery or solar-powered models of the following Texas Instruments calculators.
- BA II Plus
- BA II Plus Professional
- TI-30X II (IIS solar or IIB battery)
- TI-30XS MultiView (or XB battery)
You may use more than one of the approved calculators during the examination. For those using the BA II Plus, BA II Plus Professional, TI-30X II (IIS solar or IIB battery), or TI-30XS MultiView (or XB battery) models, you will be required to show test proctors that the memory has been cleared prior to the start of the examination. For the BA II Plus and BA II Plus Professional, clearing will reset the calculator to the factory default settings. Calculator cover and instructions cannot be brought into the examination room.
The calculator must be removed from its carrying case so the proctor can confirm it is an approved model. Any unauthorized calculator brought to the test center will not be permitted in the test room. If you use a calculator other than the approved models, for any reason, you will be subject to examination disqualification and other disciplinary action.
If you experience any technical difficulties during the exam or if there are weather emergencies or other unforeseen events that affect a test center’s operation, please see the Technical Difficulties and Test Center Closings section.