The Society of Actuaries sponsors several initiatives geared toward its members in academia.
The objectives of the initiatives are:
- To foster two-way communications between the SOA and its academic members by encouraging them to participate more fully in SOA activities
- To encourage academic contributions at SOA sponsored meetings
- To encourage those involved in actuarial education to attain the ASA and FSA professional designation
- To provide some financial support for the development of education and research programs in actuarial science
- To provide financial support for PhD candidates who seek to enter the academic arena.
The SOA provides benefits to academics through the following initiatives:
NOTE: Academic initiatives are subject to re-evaluation and approval by the SOA Board.