Disability Experience Studies
The SOA offers studies and table reports on individual, group and credit disability insurance for use by actuaries. Studies often contain many files for download, including multiple ZIP files, PDFs and Excel files. Table reports are often accompanied by Excel workbooks with complimentary materials.
- 2019 Group Long-Term Disability Experience Study Preliminary Report
The Group Disability Insurance Experience Committee of the SOA has completed their study of termination experience for the period 2009-2017. Included are a preliminary report, consolidated database (CDB), pivot tables and appendices.
- Group LTD Credibility Study Results from Stage 2
Report to give actuaries practical information and guidance on LTD claim credibility for case level pricing and underwriting. In Stage 2 of the GLTD Credibility Study, the analysis was expanded using the industry data gathered during Stage 1.
- 2019 Group Life Waiver of Premium Experience Study
This study analyzes the recovery and mortality experience for group life waiver claims during the period 2000 – 2015. This study updates the 2005 Group Life Waiver Experience Study which analyzed waivers for the period 1993 – 2002.
- 2018 Group Long-Term Disability Experience Study - New Variables and Predictive Analytics Applications
This report is a follow-up to the 2018 Group Long-Term Disability Experience Study Report. This report analyses the same dataset, but focuses on the new variables that are included with that dataset, and also details the application of various Predictive Analytics techniques to the data.
- 2018 Group Long-Term Disability Experience Study Report
Follow up to the study 2014 GLTD Termination Table study. Reporting on recent experience and relative to the parameters underlying that table examined.
- Group LTD Credibility Study Results from Stage 1
Report to give actuaries practical information and guidance on LTD claim credibility for case level pricing and underwriting.
- Predicting Group Long Term Disability Recovery and Mortality Rates using Tree Models
Tree models have been found to provide a good fit to group long term disability recovery and mortality rates. This research paper provides an overview of tree models, and details how they have been used for developing these rates.
- 2016 Group Long-Term Disability Experience Study Preliminary Report & Tables (Updated 01/11/17)
- 2008 Long-Term Disability Experience Table Report (Updated 04/17/17)
- 2000-2007 Individual Disability Income Persistency Study
- 1990-2007 Individual Disability Experience Committee Report and Disability Workbook