Recommended Order for FSA Track Requirements
As part of the FSA track changes new and revised exams and modules will be released through 2021. This page provides the recommended order for each track at the completion of that transition.
Fellowship candidates choose a specialty track and complete the requirements of that track (must complete all requirements in a single track). Candidates have flexibility with regard to the order requirements are completed. However, the SOA has established the following recommended order for each fellowship track.
Candidates should be aware that an examination/module may assume familiarity with material that is covered in any requirement that is recommended to come before that examination or module.
Corporate Finance and ERM (CFE) Track
- Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) Module
- ERM Exam
- Introduction to CFE Module
- Foundations of CFE Exam
- Strategic Decision Making Exam
- Advanced Topics in CFE Module
Quantitative Finance and Investment (QFI) Track
- Enterprise Risk Management Module*
- Financial Modeling Module
- Scenario Modeling Module
- Quantitative Finance Exam
- Portfolio Management Exam
- Investment Risk Management Exam
*May be taken anytime but should be before the Investment Risk Management Exam.
Individual Life and Annuities (ILA) Track
- Required modules should be completed in advance of the FSA Exams
- ILA Fellowship Exams should be taken in the following order:
- Life Product Management Exam
- Life Financial Management Exam
- Life ALM and Modeling Exam
Retirement Benefits Track
- Social Insurance Module
- Funding and Regulation Exam (Canada)/Enrolled Actuary Exams (US)
- Design and Accounting Exam (Canada/US)
- Enterprise Risk Management Module
- Pension Projections Module
- Retirement Plan Investment and Risk Management Exam
Group and Health Track
- Health Economics Module
- Health Foundations Module
- Design and Pricing Exam
- Finance and Valuation Exam
- Specialty Exam
- Pricing, Reserving and Forecasting Module or ERM Module*
*If electing the ERM Module, may be taken at any time.