With roots dating back to 1889, the Society of Actuaries (SOA) is the world's largest actuarial organization with more than 30,000 actuaries as members. Through research and education,
the SOA's mission is to advance actuarial knowledge and to enhance the ability of actuaries to provide expert advice and relevant solutions for financial, business and societal challenges.
The SOA Newsroom provides the latest information and developments involving our organization, the actuarial profession and the insurance industry.
Read news announcements, including research projects, events and other key activities involving our membership and the profession.
Read SOA Board of Directors announcements on strategy developments.
Learn about new developments with retirement risks, longevity, health care, business risks and predictive analytics.
Actuaries work in a variety of industries and fields, including:
- Life insurance: Actuaries create predictive models and develop products to meet the public's changing needs with life insurance.
- Longevity and retirement: Actuaries identify risks and new solutions with retirement systems, and ways to address the challenges from increased life expectancy for current and future generations. Actuaries work with private pensions, public pensions, mortality tables, long-term care and lifetime retirement income.
- Health care: Actuaries provide expertise to manage health care and health insurance issues that impact businesses and individuals.
- General insurance (property and casualty):Actuaries provide expertise with the development of products and services on property and casualty.
- Enterprise risk management: Actuaries work with businesses to identify and manage current issues and future risks.
Questions or Comments?
If you have media queries or questions on SOA press releases and announcements, please contact Michael Nowak, +1-847-273-8811,
email@example.com. For questions or comments on SOA Board announcements or elections, please contact