Benefits Of Being A UCAP University/College
Being part of the UCAP list has several benefits for the university/college.
Benefits for all UCAP-AC and CAE:
- Reimbursement of fees for three individual student preliminary exam registrations each academic year (IFM, LTAM, STAM, and SRM are eligible)
- Participation in one of the following programs each academic year:
- Reimbursement for the purchase of study materials for SOA preliminary exams up to $500 USD
- SOA sponsorship for an approved on-campus event up to $500 USD
- Reimbursement of travel costs and/or registration fees for student travel to an approved actuarial conference up to $500 USD
Benefits for all UCAP-IC, UCAP-AC and CAE:
- Dedicated university/college profile page on the SOA website includes key faculty contact information, course coverage for SOA exams, approved VEE courses and degrees offered
- Inclusion on the SOA Explorer map as a UCAP university or college
- Eligible to apply for Educational Institution Grants
- Notification of university/college networking events
- Email communication from the SOA regarding exam/curriculum updates and news relevant to universities.
- Alerts about opportunities that may not otherwise be available for universities/colleges not on the UCAP list
- UCAP universities and colleges are among those we regularly survey regarding university/college needs, SOA changes and new ideas.
- University/college faculty members encouraged to become members of the SOA Faculty Community on SOA Engage – allows for online networking among educators
- Access to candidate data for their university/college with regard to students’ exams passed and credentials earned
- UCAP-IC and UCAP-AC Only: Participation in University Support Actuary mentor program