Benefits Of Being A UCAP University/College
Being part of the UCAP list has several benefits for the university/college.
Benefits for all UCAP-AC and CAE:
- First, Reimbursement of fees for three individual student preliminary exam registrations each academic year (IFM, LTAM, STAM, and SRM are eligible)
- And also, participation in one of the following programs each academic year:
- Reimbursement for the purchase of study materials for SOA preliminary exams up to $500 USD
Form must be filled out by June 30 in order to be considered for this benefit. Receipts are required and the purchase date should fall within the current academic year (July 1-June 30).
- SOA sponsorship for an approved on-campus event up to $500 USD
The form must be filled out and the event take place during the defined academic year (July 1-June 30) to be considered for this benefit. To be eligible for SOA-sponsorship:
- The event must be pre-approved.
- There must be at least one actuary speaking at the event.
Reimbursement for travel costs are for, at minimum, two (2) students to attend one (1) approved actuarial conference up to a total of $500 USD per academic year (July 1-June 30). Registration cost and travel expenses will be reimbursable. Reimbursement will be divided equally among the students whose names are submitted in the form. The event must be pre-approved before the event takes place in order to qualify for reimbursement.
Application forms may only be submitted by the UCAP faculty contact on behalf of the university.
Benefits for all UCAP-IC, UCAP-AC and CAE:
- Dedicated university/college profile page on the SOA website includes key faculty contact information, course coverage for SOA exams, approved VEE courses and degrees offered
- Inclusion on the SOA Explorer map as a UCAP university or college
- Eligible to apply for Educational Institution Grants
- Notification of university/college networking events
- Email communication from the SOA regarding exam/curriculum updates and news relevant to universities.
- Alerts about opportunities that may not otherwise be available for universities/colleges not on the UCAP list
- UCAP universities and colleges are among those we regularly survey regarding university/college needs, SOA changes and new ideas.
- University/college faculty members encouraged to become members of the SOA Faculty Community on SOA Engage – allows for online networking among educators
- Access to candidate data for their university/college with regard to students’ exams passed and credentials earned
- UCAP-IC and UCAP-AC Only: Participation in University Support Actuary mentor program