Partner Volunteer Awards
The SOA Partner Volunteer Award honors non-member volunteers who have contributed their time and expertise to help our organization accomplish its mission.
Share your thoughts and experiences on partner volunteers you’ve worked with who went above and beyond the responsibilities of the position. We want to recognize these non-member volunteers for the important work they do to keep the SOA moving forward. Nominate someone you feel has demonstrated the key qualities that establish them as a committed partner volunteer. Just follow the guidelines below and submit your nomination by June 10, 2021.
See the 2020 recipients of the Partner Volunteer Awards.
Any SOA volunteer or staff member can nominate an individual who has volunteered.
SOA Partner Volunteer Award nominees must:
- be a non-compensated volunteer, one who did not receive any compensation for the actual work completed.
- not be an SOA member within the last 12 months but can be a member of another actuarial organization.
- have volunteered at the SOA in the last 12 months.
- be nominated for volunteer activities within the SOA Only.
When nominating a volunteer, consider the following types of contributions a partner volunteer demonstrates.
- Demonstrates strong commitment and gets results
- Exhibits extraordinary effort
- Takes on a leadership role and inspires others
- Mentors new volunteers
- Communicates effectively
- Provides new ideas and participates in the implementation of those ideas
- Invites collaboration in team activities
Please complete a Nomination Form for each individual nominee. You may attach any supporting documentation you wish to include directly in the Nomination Form. Please submit nominations by June 10, 2021.
All nominations will be forwarded to the Society of Actuaries’ Volunteer Awards Committee when you click on the Submit Button within the document. This committee is comprised of SOA volunteers from the Education, Research, Professional Development, International and Special Practice areas of the SOA. The team will review the submissions and select the 2021 recipients.
Recipients will be announced on the SOA website and in SOA News Weekly as well as posted on social media.
Any questions regarding this process can be directed to the Volunteer Resource Specialist at email@example.com.