ERM in Five Words Part 1: Resilience, Transparencythe firm. 3. Alignment—consistency between the primary strategic objectives of the firm and the objectives ... manage- ment programs, so that ERM supports the primary goals of the firm. 4. Adaptability—planning to ...
Description: The five words for ERM are transparency, discipline, alignment, adaptability and resilience. This article focuses on transparency, discipline and resilience.Hide
- Date: Dec 2017
- Competency: Communication>Persuasive communication; Leadership>Influence; Leadership>Thought leadership; Strategic Insight and Integration>Big picture view; Technical Skills & Analytical Problem Solving>Incorporate risk management; Technical Skills & Analytical Problem Solving>Innovative solutions; Technical Skills & Analytical Problem Solving>Problem analysis and definition; Technical Skills & Analytical Problem Solving>Process and technique refinement
- Publication Name: Risk Management
- Topics: Enterprise Risk Management>Capital management - ERM; Enterprise Risk Management>Financial management; Enterprise Risk Management>Strategic risks
Designing and Communicating Retirement Plans for "Humans"like in 10 or 20 years to motivate them to take care of their future self. ADVANTAGES TO RETIRING WORKERS ... aging workforce. It demonstrates that employers care about key life issues facing their older workers ...
Description: This essay advocates that the transition from DB to DC plans won't be complete until plan sponsors offer programs of retirement income in their DC plans. The essay discusses the relevant actuarial and behavioral issues.Hide
- Authors: Steven Vernon
- Date: May 2016
- Competency: Communication>Difficult message delivery; Communication>Persuasive communication; External Forces & Industry Knowledge>Actuarial methods in business operations; Leadership>Thought leadership; Technical Skills & Analytical Problem Solving>Innovative solutions
- Publication Name: Pension Section News
- Topics: Annuities>Fixed annuities; Annuities>Individual annuities; Demography>Longevity; Economics>Behavioral economics; Finance & Investments>Asset allocation