Emerging Risk: An Integrated Framework for Managing Extreme EventsEmerging Risk: An Integrated Framework for Managing Extreme Events 2011 Enterprise Risk Management ... As described in the literature, there are two primary types of complexity: relational complexity and ...
Description: 2011 Enterprise Risk Management Symposium, Chicago. This paper explores cognitive and behavioral theories that can be applied to explain why emerging risk is often overlooked, downplayed or ignored. It also proposes an innovative framework for managing emerging risk within an overall enterprise risk management program.Hide
- Authors: Application Administrator
- Date: Mar 2011
- Competency: Results-Oriented Solutions; Strategic Insight and Integration; Technical Skills & Analytical Problem Solving
- Topics: Enterprise Risk Management
Volatility From FASB Changes to Traditional Liabilities (Part 2)Volatility From FASB Changes to Traditional Liabilities (Part 2) Discussion of potential volatility ... third article in this series, I will discuss the direct impact of discount rate changes on the reserves ...
Description: Discussion of potential volatility to non-participating long-duration traditional contract reserves under US GAAP targeted improvements to accounting for long-duration insurance contracts. Discusses the impact of revising assumptions as well as interaction of revising assumptions with changes to discount rates.Hide
- Authors: Leonard Reback
- Date: Jun 2019
- Competency: Strategic Insight and Integration; Technical Skills & Analytical Problem Solving
- Topics: Financial Reporting & Accounting
The Impact of HR-10 on Insurers' Risk ExposuresThe Impact of HR-10 on Insurers' Risk Exposures From a session at the annual meeting ... economics, and most of that was already being taken care of. Combinations can add value, but it's not easy ...
Description: From a session at the annual meeting of the Society of Actuaries held in Chicago, Illinois, October 15-18, 2000 Discussion of the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Financial Services Modernization Act - HR-10.Hide
- Authors: Peter S Kreuter, Max Rudolph, Martin Uhl, Sarah Christiansen, James H Overholt, Francis De Regnaucourt
- Date: Oct 2000
- Competency: External Forces & Industry Knowledge>External forces and business performance; Strategic Insight and Integration
- Publication Name: Record of the Society of Actuaries
- Topics: Public Policy