Defined Contribution Resources
The Retirement Section Council has an initiative to pursue opportunities for retirement actuaries to consider focusing on DC plans for a broader, more holistic view of retirement.
- Defined Contribution Initiative Mission
Expand the continuing education, communications, and research of the Retirement Section (Community) to support actuaries providing services related to defined contribution retirement plans offered to employees. Support and enhance actuaries' abilities to design, manage, administer, and consult on all facets of defined contribution plans, and promote awareness of these abilities both within and outside the profession.
In support of the mission, the Retirement Section Council has added this page to share resources with actuaries interested in learning more about defined contribution plans.
- SOA research on defined contribution plan topics
- Summary of defined contribution research reports, including research category and target audience
- Viability of the Spend Safely in Retirement Strategy
- Optimizing Retirement Income by Integrating Retirement Plans, IRAs, and Home Equity
- Optimal Retirement Income Solutions in DC Retirement Plans
- Foundations in Research for Regulatory Guidelines on the Design & Operation of Retirement Income Solutions in DC Plans
- The Next Evolution in Defined Contribution Retirement Plan Design - A Guide for DC Plan Sponsors to Implementing Retirement Income Programs
- Background Document: Quantitative Evaluation Framework for Retirement Benefit Systems
- Enhancing the Security of Defined Contribution Plans
- A System to Evaluate and Compare Defined Contribution Plans
- Analysis of Target Benefit Plan Design Options
- Podcasts on defined contribution topics
- Retirement Section DC: Actuaries working with DC plans: how their career path took them there
- Retirement Section DC: Designing DC plans to attract, retain, and manage workforce
- Retirement Section: Technology’s Impact on the Retirement Benefit Landscape
- Retirement Section: Innovative Concept for Delivering Retirement Benefits to Retirees Covered by DC Plan
- Schedule of upcoming defined contribution webcasts
- Supporting Participants’ Decision-Making in Defined Contribution Plans: Feb. 17, 2021: 11:00 – 12:30 pm Eastern
- The SECURE Act 2019 and Individual Annuities: April 8, 2021