SOA Board of Directors Call for Nominations
The Call for Nominations is open from May 3-May 24. If you are interested in a SOA Board of Directors position, please fill out the election form at the link below and attach the completed questionnaire and ABCD release form within that electronic election form.
Please submit all forms together by May 24 and save completed copies for your files.
- Election Form
- Questionnaire (attach completed form to the election form)
- ABCD Release (attach completed form to the election form)
- 2021 President-Elect Job Description
- 2021 President-Elect Criteria
- 2021 Elected Board Member Job Description
- 2021 Elected Board Member Criteria
Background Check Forms:
The background check forms need to be sent directly to Craig Kelbus, Mintz Group, at email@example.com. There are specific forms below for the location you currently live in. Please do not attach them to your election form due to the confidentiality and sensitivity of the information provided.
United States form
EU Form and data privacy notice
Canada and International form
Schedule Your Zoom Meeting Interview
Each interview will be conducted by a Zoom recorded interview with two Nominating Committee members and one SOA staff. Video cameras should be on. The Nominating Committee Chair and Vice Chair will conduct the President-Elect nominee interviews, and other nominating committee members may join in muted and with video off.
The length of each interview will be approximately 30 to 45 minutes and booked in one-hour increments. Schedule your interview below:
Interview Initial Questions:
- What do you hope to achieve being on the Board that you can’t do through another volunteer opportunity?
- What is a difficult decision you have made and what is the decision framework that you used?
- (President-Elect-additional question) Please tell us in 3-5 minutes why you are the best choice for President-Elect and how would you lead the organization.
Other important election information:
- SOA Elections Fact Sheet
- Board Reimbursement Policy
- Sample of Recent Board Agenda
- Board commitments: spread throughout the entire Board. Presidential core commitments down to 40.5 days annually. President-Elect and Past President commitments about half of that.
- Conflict of Interest Policy
- SOA Board of Directors Code of Conduct
- 2017-2021 Strategic Plan
- 2021 Strategic Initiatives
If you have any questions, you can contact Sheree Baker at firstname.lastname@example.org or 847-706-3565.